We aim to keep our surgery clean and tidy and offer a safe environment to our patients and staff.
If you have any concerns about cleanliness or infection control, please report these to a member of our Patient Services Team at reception.
Our GPs and nursing staff follow our Infection Control Policy to ensure the care we deliver and the equipment we use is safe.
We take additional measures to ensure we maintain the highest standards:
- Encourage staff and patients to raise any issues or report any incidents relating to cleanliness and infection control. We can discuss these and identify improvements we can make to avoid any future problems
- Carry out regular infection control audits to make sure our infection control procedures are being implemented and are effective
- Provide annual staff updates and training on cleanliness and infection control
- Review our policies and procedures to make sure they are adequate and meet national guidance
- Maintain the premises and equipment to a high standard within the available financial resources and ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to reduce or remove all infection risk
- Use washable or disposable materials where possible for items such as couch rolls, modesty curtains, floor coverings, towels etc., and ensure that these are laundered, cleaned or changed frequently to minimise risk of infection
- Make Alcohol Hand Rub Gel available throughout the building.