You can now access a variety of services online without having to phone or visit the surgery. Sign up now to GP online services and you will be able to use a website or app to:
- Book and cancel appointments
- Order repeat prescriptions
- View your medical records
Our online services are quick, easy and convenient to use from a smartphone, tablet or computer.
They will save you time and help you take more control of your health, particularly if you have any long-term medical conditions which require regular monitoring and prescriptions.
The NHS App – The easiest way to get online access
The NHS App is the easiest way to access online GP services. It is quick and easy to register. If you have photo ID, you can complete your registration online without contacting the practice. If you do not have photo ID, you will need to obtain some additional details from the practice:
- Linkage Key (could be called Passphrase)
- ODS Code (could be called Organisation Code or Practice ID)
- Account ID
If you are already registered with us for online services, you will have been given these but if you don’t still have them, we can provide them again. If you are registering for online services for the first time, please contact us to obtain this information. You can complete the registration request for online services in the section below or visit or call the practice for more help and to obtain your registration details.
This leaflet provides a step by step guide to getting started with the NHS app:
This video provides an introduction to the NHS app and provides further links at the end to help you register with our without photo ID.
Complete registration request for online services
Please note: To register for online services, you need to provide evidence of your ID, which you can upload on our online form. Once this has been verified, we will issue the necessary documentation for online services, within seven working days. Please note we look closely at all applications for access to make sure they are genuine. Access can also be withdrawn at any time if there are concerns about patient confidentiality. If you are unable to use the online form please contact the Practice for advice.
If you are the parent of any children under the age of 12 you will need to fill in a ‘proxy’ access form to view their details.
If you would like someone else e.g. a carer to have access to online services on your behalf, you can make a request for ‘Proxy Access’.
It is your responsibility to keep your contact details updated and you are responsible for the safety and security of your personal registration details for online services. By signing up for online services you are accepting this responsibility. You can withdraw consent at any time by notifying the Practice in writing.
Please note the following will apply with respect to online access:
- Where access is granted, your registration details such as PIN, Practice ID, Access ID and CHI number will be sent via post or given in person.
- The email address must be specific to the person making the request. It cannot be a shared account.
- Patients with a history of non-attendance at pre-booked appointments without cancelling may not be given access to online appointment booking.
- Online appointments booked are to be cancelled by the patient as soon as it is determined it is no longer required.
- The Practice will not allow misuse of the online system and will monitor usage by individual patients. Where it is considered that a patient is misusing the system or is acting in a way detrimental a warning letter will be issued. Where the situation does not improve, or recurs, access will be removed permanently and without further notice at the discretion of the practice. This will not affect your registration with the Practice.
- Requests for reissue of access log-in details will be sent via post to the patients registered address or in person.
- The status of repeat prescriptions requests should be checked online to confirm they have been prescribed before collecting any medications from the Dispensary or local Pharmacy, especially if requesting a item not on your repeat prescription record.
Abuse of the Online System
Abuse of the system includes, but is not exclusive to the following:
- Sending needless or abusive messages to the Practice
- Repeatedly booking and cancelling appointments
- Repeatedly booking appointments over a short period of time
- Booking appointments and not attending them
- Any offensive or abusive messages through the service
- Requesting prescriptions that you do not need.
We take the security of your information very seriously. Our clinical systems provider ensures that the information you provide when using the online services portal is protected. All communications with the web site are encrypted, using the same high security that major banks use for their internet transactions (128 bit SSL). Only you can see the personal information you enter.
Using the most up-to-date version of your web browser also improves security of information. Remember to close the browser after use, especially if someone else could access your computer.