Flu Vaccinations 2023
- We will be commencing our vaccination programme in September.
- All patients eligible for a free vaccination will be contacted by the practice
- Flu vaccination clinics will be held in Hedon, Withernsea, Patrington, Roos and Keyingham.
- In addition to the above, we will be doing outreach clinics at some of our community centres which will be specifically targeted at older patients who may find it difficult to travel. This will include Easington, Burton Pidsea, Paull and Preston.
- Our team will visit all our local Care Homes and will administer the flu vaccination and COVID Booster to residents.
- Our team will visit housebound patients and will administer the flu vaccination and COVID Booster to both the housebound patient and their husband/wife/partner.
- We will be offering flu vaccines for children on a range of dates and during half term week.
- Where we have a mobile phone number for patients, primary contact will be via text message. Where we do not have this, patients will receive either a phone call or a letter from us.
Patients can help by:
- Waiting until they receive their appointment invitation rather than ringing the practice speculatively
- Using the self-book link to ensure our telephone lines are not overwhelmed with queries where possible.
- Reading our Patient Information Leaflet before attending for your vaccination (see below)
- Ensuring that they do not attend for vaccination if they have any COVID-19 symptoms or have tested positive
COVID-19 Autumn Booster Vaccination 2023
- We are still awaiting confirmation of which vaccine we will be receiving and have not yet been able to place our orders. Further information will be updated as it is available.
- Subject to stock of the COVID vaccine, patients will be offered a COVID vaccination at the same time as having their flu vaccination.
- Care home and housebound patients will receive their COVID booster at the same time as their flu vaccination.